Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Half a Sock and Half a Book

I love reading.  I have not always enjoyed reading.  The reason for that goes back to my childhood.
  My mother was very hard of hearing.  If she didn't have her hearing aids on she is deaf.  She reads lips very well.
  Fast forward to the first grade.  I didn't go to kindergarten, it was not a requirement when I started school.  The only pre first grade that I had is what I learned from my mother.  There were a lot of words that she used that were pronounced wrong. Needless to say I was very behind.
  I am not blaming my mother for my lack of skills, she did the best she could.  I did learn to read and write but I was in the 6th grade.  I had a wonderful reading teacher that recognized that I needed extra help.  She found easy books in subjects that interested me.  After that I was hooked.  I was a little slower than most of the other kids in my class but I was gaining fast.
  Years later I read everything I could get my hands on.  I still love a good book.  When you are reading a book and you can picture every thing you read, that is what I like.
  Ok enough about that.  I am still working on my spiral socks.  I hope to get them finished by the end of this month.  If not they will get done.  I am also working on a scarf for my sons girlfriend.  I haven't gotten very far.  I will post the pattern when I finish.  It is going to be an easy pattern repeat.  Sort of like a stitch sampler.
  I still haven't gotten a new camera yet so no new pictures yet.  My tablet takes fair but not great pictures.
  I am out for now.  Can't wait for the cooler weather to come my way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You had a rough start, but you did catch up, so that's good. I didn't go to kindergarten either. They weren't a requirement and they weren't even at the schools back then. Yes, I'm that old! hahahaha...
I can't wait to see your socks. :)
I agree, I can't wait for the cooler weather. I'm not a summer person. lol