Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday

 It has been cooler than normal here the few days.  Nice change from the upper 90's that we have had.  I don't think the heat is gone, I live in Texas, but maybe it will be a little less hot.

  I have the pattern worked out for the first square of my knit sampler afghan.  I have the loom knit version posted on my loom blog.
  This is a very easy pattern.  It is a basket weave.  I knit mine in worsted weight yarn with 9 knitting needles.  It can be knit in yarn of your choice just use the needle size recommended for the yarn.

 Co 34
knit 4 rows of garter stitch keep the first three and last three stitches in garter stitch

1) K 3, (K4, P4 ) to the last 3 stitches k3

2) K3, ( P4, K4) to the last 3 stitches K3
,
3) repeat row 1.

4) repeat row 2

5) K3, Purl to last 3 K3

6) K3 Purl to last 3 K3

7) K3, ( P4, K4) to last 3 K3

8) K3, ( K4, P4) to last 3 K3

9) repeat row 7

10) repeat row 8

11) K3, purl to last 3 K3

12) K3 purl to last 3 K3

repeat row 1-12 3 more times

Then repeat row 1-4 one more time
Knit 4 rows of garter stitch and bind off.

You now have your first square.  I am knitting my practice pattern in a yarn that I have now clue as to what it is.  It was given to me without the bands.  I will make my final keeper project in a yarn that I will be able to tell what it is.  I am thinking about Lion Brand Wool Ease.  I will let you know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is nice. Thanks for posting your pattern. :)