Thursday, September 25, 2014

What's Up With That

 I haven't been knitting.  Me not knitting.  Have I lost my mojo?  I don't think so.  We all go through times that we don't do the things we love.  I have been reading.  " The Bone Orchard " by Daniel Judson.  It is book two of a trilogy and I have not read the first one.  I should, but I might not have to.   I like mystery and who done its.  I will let you know if it is worth the read.
  I still haven't finished my socks.  If I worked on them I would finish them.  I started the second square in my afghan.  I guess I needed a break from everything.  The seasons are changing.  We don't really have a fall here.  We get a little cooler and the leaves turn brown and drop off the trees.  Some winters we even have to mow the lawn.  The grass doesn't grow as fast and if we don't have any frost, rarely do we have frost, it stays green.  Last winter we one of our coldest, and I enjoyed it.  I like it cool but I am also glad we don't have to shovel snow.
  I know what I need to reset myself, fishing.  I love to go fishing.  There is something about the quiet and the movement of the water that relaxes and calms me.  I am a water sign maybe that is why.  I have two stock ponds at my house.  One has some big blue cats in it.  The water has been so clear that you can see them swimming when they are close to the bank.  If I catch one I will have to post a picture.
What was he thinking.  That frog is a little to big for him to eat.  That is a garter snake trying to eat a pig frog.  There was another snake that had him from the leg.  The frog lived, but boy can they make loud distress screams.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean; sometimes we just need a break from the stuff we do all the time.